7 Reasons to Choose Invisalign Aligners Over Braces for Your Teen
*I have joined the Invisalign Mom’s Panel. My daughter’s treatment has been provided in trade for our honest review. This is our story.
7 Reasons to Choose Invisalign© Aligners Over Braces
- They work! My Lucy has been PLOWING through her treatment like a champ. Her overbite won’t be an issue much longer! I was so surprised to learn Invisalign treatment can even help correct overbites (but also underbites, crossbites, gaps, and more!)
- Removable. This is the BIG reason Lucy wanted Invisalign treatment. It makes eating so much more convenient… for some kids sports could be a consideration as well. Invisalign aligners are removable which affords some flexibility. The only consideration is developing a habit of putting removed aligners in a case (not napkins!).
- Virtually invisible! For a kid, tween, or teen who is especially concerned about appearances, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible which can be a confidence booster during corrective treatment… from the look of metal braces to food getting stuck braces when eating.
- No eating restrictions, yo! Break out those caramel apples! And from a mom’s perspective – flossing is a MILLION times easier than with braces. When I had braces I hated eating salad because salad pieces were a PAIN to clear out! We don’t want to discourage our kids from eating salad, do we?? With removable Invisalign aligners, your child can eat and not have to spend a lot of time and effort cleaning out trapped food.
- Fewer emergency office visits. It’s true. I’ve had kids in both. There have been fewer “crisis” situations because things like poking wires just aren’t an issue.
- Greater comfort. See #5. No need for wax. No tightening or cranking… Lucy went from new tray sets every three weeks, to every two, now she is on the 10-day track. She is so close to being done! She is on track to be done in just over half the time expected. Pretty cool, right?!
- Affordable. The cost of Invisalign treatment is comparable to braces, and many insurances plans offer similar coverage.
For more about our experience you can check-out these posts:
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply