7 Reasons to Choose Invisalign Aligners Over Braces for Your Teen
*I have joined the Invisalign Mom’s Panel. My daughter’s treatment has been provided in trade for our honest review. This is our story.
7 Reasons to Choose Invisalign® Aligners Over Braces
- They work! My Lucy has been PLOWING through her treatment like a champ. Her overbite won’t be an issue much longer! I was so surprised to learn Invisalign treatment can even help correct overbites (but also underbites, crossbites, gaps, and more!). If you do your research, you can always find the right service for you. By researching into something like dentist Milltown, you’ll be able to find the right treatment for you. Going to the dentist can be quite pricey, so when you can get reasonably priced treatments and a credible dentist, who can say no! With this being said, braces work too! You just need to be careful though with them, as there is always the risk of breaking the bracket of your braces and have to get them repaired by a jacksonville emergency dental practice, or at your local dentist.
- Removable. This is the BIG reason Lucy wanted Invisalign treatment. It makes eating so much more convenient… for some kids sports could be a consideration as well. Invisalign aligners are removable which affords some flexibility. The only consideration is developing a habit of putting removed aligners in a case (not napkins!).
- Virtually invisible! For a kid, tween, or teen who is especially concerned about appearances, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible which can be a confidence booster during corrective treatment… from the look of metal braces to food getting stuck braces when eating.
- No eating restrictions, yo! Break out those caramel apples! And from a mom’s perspective – flossing is a MILLION times easier than with braces. When I had braces I hated eating salad because salad pieces were a PAIN to clear out! We don’t want to discourage our kids from eating salad, do we?? With removable Invisalign aligners, your child can eat and not have to spend a lot of time and effort cleaning out trapped food.
- Fewer emergency office visits. It’s true. I’ve had kids in both. There have been fewer “crisis” situations because things like poking wires just aren’t an issue.
- Greater comfort. See #5. No need for wax. No tightening or cranking… Lucy went from new tray sets every three weeks, to every two, now she is on the 10-day track. She is so close to being done! She is on track to be done in just over half the time expected. Pretty cool, right?!
- Affordable. The cost of Invisalign treatment is comparable to braces, and many insurances plans offer similar coverage. With braces, it can be pricey for adults over the age of 18. If your child is looking to start wearing braces, as a parent, you don’t want to deny them this opportunity, especially if it can improve something like their confidence. One of the ways many parents can afford this is by taking out loans in order to pay for this treatment, especially if it is not covered by the NHS (in the UK). If this is something you want to go forward with, a site like Cashfloat.co.uk could provide you with the necessary information you need in order to progess. Having any form of dental work is a commitment, so it is definitely worth the investment.
For more about our experience you can check-out these posts:
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply