Herein lies my Life List… or as I prefer to call it Life MENU. Why Life MENU? You can read about what inspired me to put this on paper/the interwebz right here. But this is my list… the things that help me look forward to the new, the exciting… things that make keep on dreamin’… I think it is important to always dream…
Things I’d Love To Do
– Do a daily photo challenge to document life. Say… 2…5 years? Life changes a lot in 5 years. I think seeing a daily visual life catalog could be mundane, but also moving…
– Write a book!
Learn to surf
– Learn to play the drums
– Start a chick band.
– Learn to french braid
– Swing on a trapeze
– Vlog every day for a month
– Swim in all 7 oceans
– Complete and Iron Man triathlon
Compete in a Lutefisk Eating Contest
Be keynote speaker (EVO!)
(photo cred: Justin Hackworth)
– Throw a big, fancy party to treat and celebrate my friends & family
Have a reason to get a passport
– Go to/work on a dude ranch
Go paddle boarding
SOAR in a hot air balloon (did it at Evo too!!! I see a theme!)
– Ride a mechanical bull
Things To Do With Someone(s) I Love
– 2 month road trip with family across the U.S. (We’ve done a 3 weeker… I think we are THAT kinda family!)
– NYC with the family (Really, I want to take them everywhere… I want to watch my kids see the world)
tropical vacay… but only the hubs and me. We’ve never gone tropical without kids.
– sail away on a catamaran
– drink coffee on an outdoor patio in a Parisian cafe
– Go to Greece
– Go to Italy
– Paris with the husband… sip espresso in a Parisian cafe *sigh*
Hawaii with the fam
– Coordinate a flashmob
Crazy Silly Fun Things
– Walk the Red Carpet (Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, all… whatever)
– I need more silly things. Maybe I’m just silly all the time…
Ways To Give Back
– Send a handwritten letter/card to a different friend/family member. Do it once a week. Forever.
– Pay it forward – groceries
– Pay it forward – an outstanding bill
Give a bouquet to a stranger
– Leave encouraging post-its in random public places.
– Serve in another country with my family (missions)
– Serve in another country (missions)
– Ice cream for everyone!
– Walk the Great Wall of China
– Go on a safari… Africa, Australia. Either. Both.
– Host/star-in a tv show.
– Be in a movie. I’m serious.
– Do a Ted Talk.
– Take our entire family on a vacation… like Grandmas and Grandpa too. Treat them. Completely.
– Own a waterfront home.
*This list is in no way complete. Or set in stone. I will add, and may even remove items. I don’t feel committed just because I said it once. This is something crafted for the purpose of pursuing joy.