What to Wear Wednesday: Music
O.K., maybe I’m stretching the “what to wear” theme, but it’s not like there’s blog police arrestin’ bloggers for loose interpretation of weekly themes.
Plus, I am a rebel.
Exercisers… or people who have been or want to strap on a pair of running shoes… What do YOU wear IN your iPod Nano/Shuffle/Touch or other MP3 player-type gadget?
I am going to share with you some of my own favorite work out songs. Here’s the deal – if I do not a have a friend running with me, or have to brave the room of mirrors (the weight room – *GASP*) at the gym… I haz got to haz some musical motivations. You know, pump up the jamz while I am
huffing and puffing pumping up and whathaveyou.
I think I need to break these up into 2 groups – running songs and weights/functional training. I should note, this list is not for ones who like to “center” oneselves… this list is for kicking butt, shaping butt and being the boss of miles or the bosu ball or pushing one through to the last 4 bicep curls. Also, this is not a complete list, just my faves.
- Ignition by Toby Mac – Probably my #1 favorite running song.
- Boom by P.O.D – Wait. This is my #1 favorite. Oh this is a good pusher.
- Momentum by Toby Mac – SO much this song. I mean, did you see the title? I like this one for intervals. Fast, slow, fast, slow…
- Goodbye to You by The Veronicas – You know, running… saying goodbye to another pound, heart disease, and hello to cute jeans!
- Sexy Chick (feat Akon) by David Guetta – Isn’t it clear why this song is SO perfect. Bring it? Gurl, I already brought it…
- Like a G6 by Far East Movement – Runnin’… LIKE A G6!!! #boom
- and Just Like Heaven by The Cure – This song is perfect for an outside run… wind blowing in your hair… just you and the road… just like heaven…
Weights/Functional training, etc…
- Gangsta’s Paradise by Coolio – I am SO not kidding… street life is tough, and so are bicep curls. Tru dat.
- Love Addict by Family Force 5 – They bad. Most FF5 songs will rock your exercise world.
- Lip Gloss by Lil Mama – This song rocks. It is also my ringtone. Has a great rhythm that works for repetitive movement…
- Just Dance by Lady Gaga – I have nothing to add. Lady Gaga.
- Hot in Herre by Nelly – CLEARLY. Plus it drowns out the obnoxious grunters. There’s always one.
- You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone – Haha. Kidding. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention. Heh. Heh.
So. Do you have songs that motivate you. That help you push on, push through or take you to the next level?
**For more about my work-out journey… a little bit of my history in my struggle to become an exerciser, please swing by this post on my review site.
Get Jenny On the Spot’s newest posts in email or in your blog reader. Keep up on JOtS giveaways – get new giveaway updates via email by clicking here!
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply