The Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle
Woodland Park Zoo gave me a complimentary visit for four a couple of weeks ago.
The last time I visited the zoo I was as a chaperone for a school field trip. I don’t know why I keep leaving our zoo experiences to field trips. The zoo isn’t JUST for school field trips!
I mean, field trips to the zoo are AWESOME, but trips to the zoo with friends are AWESOMER…
We got to cover WAY more ground than on any zoo field trip I’ve ever been on, and had a lot more experience flexibility.
Including but not limited to ICE CREAM.
We even got to FEED THE GIRAFFES!
WHO EVEN DOES THAT?!
None of us had done that before and now it is on my list to do EVERY time.
It was great to go back to the Woodland Park Zoo and reconnect with nature…
…and with my daughter together with her friends.
We started our day at the Zoomazium. The Zoomazium is an indoor facility for children up to age 8. The space is devoted to play and learning. We hung out long enough to check out the rock collections, to learn about a fun reward system they have to incentivize learning, to listen to and participate in a presentation (Creature Feature) about armadillos…
and even see and TOUCH the armadillo!
If my kids were little again (sigh), I’d really take better advantage of the fun treasure that is the Zoomazium.
After the Creature Feature we took our big-kid selves to experience the other hours of fun the zoo had for us, like… those adorable giraffes!
And we learned about owls and owl training…
And that elk. Like, whoa.
Honestly between the giraffe feeding…
And the tiger tracking…
to get to the Tiger Gate Experience…
And trying to see everything each girl wanted to see…
We all decided we needed another day!
These girls love them some animal experiences!
If YOU are living near Seattle, the folks at Woodland Park Zoo would like to offer $10 off a membership purchase to anyone here who would like it! Receive $10 off any membership purchase, plus, anyone who purchases will be entered to win tickets for 2 animal feedings and 2 carousel rides.
What does a Woodland Park Zoo membership include, besides paying for itself in fewer than 3 visits? (Remember, the girls and I decided we needed 2 days to knock everything off our list(s)… going at full speed!)
• Unlimited admission for one full year (In the summer, that’s a savings of $19.95 per adult and $12.25 per child each visit!)
• Half-price admission for two guests per visit per named adult member
• Half-price admission to more than 150 reciprocal zoos and aquariums in North America
• Discounts on tickets to WildLights, the zoo’s winter holiday lights festival
• Free subscription to MyZoo, our quarterly member magazine, and MyZooNews, our e-newsletter
• Free wall calendar featuring stunning Woodland Park Zoo animal photos
• Invitation to the after-hours member appreciation night, Zoofari
• Member-only ZooTunes tickets pre-sale
• 10% off Carousel party rentals
• 10% discount on face-painting, Handimals and caricatures on grounds
If you want to take advantage of that little incentive, please do… and share it with your zoo-loving friends! Again… use MOM15 at checkout to receive your $10 off membership purchase offer!
And if you go you MUST feed the giraffes. I do want to note it is an additional $5 per person.Get there early… there might be a wait! BECAUSE IT’S AWESOME. But you guys… it is definitely worth it. So very worth it.