Outside of buying a frozen pie that is already made… or maybe buying a roll of cookie dough that needs slicing… of all the desserts that require baking, I believe DUMP CAKE is probably the easiest baked dessert in the world.
I have no idea where she got it. I am not sure she even knows where she got it. But it’s a cake I loved as a child, and one my kids love.
And anyone I serve it to.
It’s a crown pleaser. And it’s so easy to make. It’s perfect for those of us who WANT to do the homemade thing but either do not have the time, or do not have the emotional resource to make a big deal or a big mess.
- 1 large can of crushed pineapple
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling
- 1 box lemon, white or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick-o-butter (cut into slices - I go for about 16 slices)
- Heat oven to 350º. Dump the pineapple and cherry filling in the bowl. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over filling. Stick slices of butter into mix. Bake for 1 hour.
If this recipe sounds familiar… I did share about this before (here), but I decided to make a “quickie” video of it. My other video is pretty long… so if you have time for more personality you can see that video here.
Peace and sparkles… and happy desserting!