T-Mobile: Child Safety During the Summer and T-Mobile SpringBoard Giveaway
Giveaway update! We have a winner! The winning commenter is…
CONNIE! Congrats to Connie for her winning tweet! And thanks to all who entered! The contest is now closed.
If summer break hasn’t started for you yet… it will soon!
Parents everywhere are making plans… how to make 3 months of lazy summer days, a bit less lazy.
With the extra hours to fill, have you, parents, considered the time your children will be spending online on wireless devices?
T-Mobile has been thinking about it. They have been thinking about how to help make the summertime a bit safer for kids, and have come up with some great tools to help us help our kids this summer (via T-Mobile):
- While the kids are out and about enjoying the sun over summer break, T-Mobile can help provide peace of mind for parents. T-Mobile offers amazing 4G devices and services to help families easily stay connected. Through a variety of custom mobile apps and services, T-Mobile can help parents know where their kids are and that they are using their cell phone responsibly. You can also have a look at the Metro coverage map to check that your area is covered for good cell service, ensuring your kids can get in touch if they need to!
- Family safety and security is important to T-Mobile and they can help protect your family, content and device through a variety of applications, products and services so your summer days can remain carefree: T-Mobile FamilyWhere®, Web Guard and Family Allowances.
- Memories created throughout the summer are often captured on mobile devices these days. Not only do most of T-Mobile’s smartphones feature high-definition cameras, but they also offer applications that back-up your photos, videos and contacts and protect your phone from viruses and malware, ensuring the precious moments you capture will be there to enjoy later.
And let’s not forget organization! T-Mobile and Cozi, the No. 1 online and mobile family calendar and organization service, have partnered to offer MobileLife® Family Organizer – an application and online service that makes managing busy family schedules a snap with a shared family calendar, shopping lists, to-do lists, family journal and more.
See? TOOLS… from safety to practical ways to help manage family life.
Gotta love the digital age.
I think a lot about kids and online safety. In fact, I was just talking to a reporter recently about kids and technology. I went on the record as saying I don’t feel kids should keep kept from the onlines (yes, I think “onlines” should be a word). There are online spaces built just for kids and tools intended to help parents so we can help guide our kids as they get their feet wet in the online space.
On Monday, June 11th, I will be heading to the downtown Seattle T-Mobile store to get a peek at the tools and apps that T-Mobile has developed with the kids and family safety in mind. I am genuinely excited to get to take a peek at some tools that not only might become options for use in my own home, but tools I can recommend to other families when the inquiries come.
I get asked a lot about my opinion on online safety for kids… I love learning about the latest technology and resources.
T-Moble not only offers the technology through mobile devices like their HTC One S, but through the many apps created specifically for families.
Speaking of devices… anybody in the mood to win a T-Mobile Springboard, perhaps??? The T-Mobile SpringBoard with Google has 16GB of internal memory with 32GB of expandable memory and a 5MP rear-facing camera. With a seven-inch HD multi-touch display, the T- Mobile SpringBoard can fit comfortably into a coat pocket, briefcase or purse. With its ultra portable size and 4G connectivity, it’s is perfect for staying connected, organized, and on- the-go entertainment.
The T-Mobile Springboard provides endless amounts of multimedia content for the entire family, including the ability to watch TV and movies, listen to music, read books and magazines and play games all at an affordable price… valued at $429!
For a chance to win, please complete the following requirements and leave a separate comment for each on this post, including links to your original tweets. You have up to four entry opportunities.
- Follow @TMobile on Twitter.
- Like the T-?Mobile Facebook page .
- Answer the following question in the comment section below: How do you use wireless devices to keep your kid(s) safe during the summer months?
- Tweet about this contest (example tweet: Great apps for keeping kids safe & enter for a chance to win a T-Mobile Springboard via @jennyonthespot! http://ow.ly/bu3C3 #TMobileSummer ) Or feel free to create your own! Using @TMobile, @Jennyonthespot & #TMobileSummer
- Open to US residents only.
- Winner chosen via random.org
- Always remember, safety first!
- Contest begins June 10, 2012 and ends midnight PST on June 17, 2012.
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply