Oh you guys… this slow cooker pork sirloin tip roast (with apples and bacon and a cinnamon & thyme rub) is…. SO YUM!
Did you happen to catch this post… the one with the super easy, super delicious Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin recipe? That’s pretty delish too.
That recipe, though it is perfect for fall… is also great for any time of the year! And for those of you with particularly busy schedules? I got your back with this pork roast recipe. And let’s face it, when is the schedule NOT busy??? This recipe, Slow Cooker Pork Sirloin Tip Roast with Apples and Bacon, is a great option for you/we busy people…
Slow Cooker Pork Sirloin Tip Roast with Apples and Bacon
You’ll need 4-5 pounds of pork sirloin tip roast, 2 apples, an onion, 4 (or 5) slices of bacon and drippings (drippings strongly suggest, not required)…
…balsamic vinegar, chicken broth (I used bone broth)… aaaand you get to make your own rub! Grab that cinnamon, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder! Oh yeah!
While your bacon is cooking, combine the cinnamon, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You’re going to want to sprinkle and rub the spicy combination onto the top sides (the fat side down) of your roast(s).
Chop the apples, onion, and that cooked-up bacon.
Mix together, and pour about half (maybe a little over half) on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place seasoned roasts on top.
Combine the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, bacon drippings, and pour around the edges of the roasts. Try not to pour over/disturb the rub. Then… add the remaining apple, onion, bacon mix to the top.
Cover and let your slow cooker do her thang. Though it will cook in 4-6 hours, I strongly recommend shooting for the slow cook mode… 8 to 10 hours. It’s just so tender & fall-apart-y that way!
- 4-5 lobs Pork Sirloin Tip Roast
- 4-5 pieces bacon (cooked, chopped, and drippings reserved)
- 2 apples
- 1 onion
- 16 oz chicken broth
- 2 TBS Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2TBS garlic powder
1. Cook bacon. Chop onion and apples. Chop cooked bacon… combine all.
2. Combine thyme, salt, cinnamon, pepper, & garlic powder.
3. Pour half the onion, apple, bacon mixture over bottom of slow cooker. With fat side down, sprinkle rub mixture over roasts, rub in. Place, fat side down on top of onion, apple, bacon mix in slow cooker.
4. Combine broth, balsamic vinegar and reserved bacon fat. Pour around edges of roasts in slow cooker.
5. Pour remaining apple, onion, bacon mixture on top. Cover and cook 8-10 hours.
What goes with such a dish? Well, baked potatoes are easy – and always a win. Of course sweet potatoes are 100% a great pairing, or carrots… I am a particular fan of blanched broccoli… Oh! How about shaved, roasted brussel sprouts?! There’s not much that won’t go with this very Fall, very comfort foody sort of pork roast.
How do YOU like to prepare your pork roast? What’s your favorite side dish to serve with your pork roast?