Like Eating A Baby Angel: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup CAKE
Bless my husband’s heart…
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup CAKE
He had to share his birthday with the observance of the Resurrection of The King.
And Easter baskets.
I figured since I didn’t plan him a party, or get him a present (OK, I kind-of did… I found some habañero sauce at World Market… so I picked up a bottle and called it a present…The man loves him some hot sauce. I mean, clearly… LOOK WHO HE MARRIED).
Yadda, yadda… I figured I should make him a cake that would knock his socks off.
(Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup CAKE)
Also, we were celebrating The Easters at my sister-in-love’s house and she is a master cake-maker (Seriously. She made THIS.) (INSANE) (AMAZING) (I BOW)
So. CLEARLY I couldn’t just bake a cake and slap on some canned frosting.
Knowing my Love’s love for all things peanut butter and chocolate, I Googled the heck out of “Reese’s peanut butter cake” and every other way of Goggling the words chocolate, cake, peanut butter
and myocardial infarction.
I should have known the interwebz would send me to Bakerella.
And she guided me through the process of making one of the best cakes I have ever made in my life.
In fact, my bro-in-law… one who is not so-much a fan of the peanut butter and chocolate said, “This was like eating a baby angel…”
If you would like to create your own baby angel to eat – you will find Bakerella’s recipe here.
I have 2 things to add:
- I doubled the frosting recipe
- Because I was afraid there wouldn’t be enough frosting
- I used a 9 inch pan instead of an 6 inch (like Bakerella did)
- I had some “settling” issues with the frosting… it was oily.
- I am a capable baker, but not a sciency baker… so I am not sure what I did in the frosting making process.
- The frosting was IN.CUH.REDIBLE (dark chocolate, heavy whipping cream and peanut butter – hello?!), but when refrigerated, the oil did that thing that oil does when it gets chilled. So, I have some research to do. I will not sleep until I do.
- That’s not true. I need my beauty sleep.
- Despite this one beauty flaw… it still tasted like a baby angel, though.
- Picture show was pre-refrigeration. And the cups kept trying to fall off the sides.
- But I won.
- And probably gained a few pounds.
- Baby angels are dense. Who knew?
- That was 12 things. Not 2. Now 13. Oh well. Counting is overrated.
*Originally published April 2012*
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply