DIY Cane Webbing Candle Holder Covers – taking your candles to the NEXT LEVEL! And thank you to General Tools for sponsoring this post!
One of the HOTTEST trends in my favorite field of fashion, HOME FASHION is cane webbing. It is one of the coolest and one of my most FAVORITE mediums to use in my home (beside macrame!). Obviously, natural fiber is where it is AT!
Home decor with cane webbing is everywhere – I challenge you to go to the store or browse Pinterest without seeing some form of cane webbing, rattan, or reed material. From chairs to plant stands to IKEA hacks to folding doors, and now to even taking your candles to the next level!
DIY Cane Webbing Candle Holder Covers
I love this particular project for two mains reasons: it’s super easy and it’s super cute.
Here are the items you’ll need for this project:
- cane webbing (get it here)
- scissors (use this link for these electric scissors from General Tools for an extra 10% coupon!)
- hot glue gun
- assorted glass jars (mason jars are awesome or any clear glass jar), or even your favorite Yankee Candle!
- not necessary but fun: ribbon!
Watch this video to get the simple step-by-step:
Let’s review how to make your DIY Cane Webbing Candle Holder Covers:
Measure the cane so it can wrap around the glass, with a bit of a overlay.
- Measure the cane to wrap around the glass, with overlay.
- Trim cane with scissors (I prefer General Tools electric craft scissors since cane is a bit thick to cut with regular scissors)
- Hot glue the ends of the cane together.
- Embellish with ribbon or jute or… get creative!
- Slip over your the glass, light a candle and enjoy!
What are some other items you can use to embellish your own DIY cane webbing candle holder covers? Don’t forget, you can use these covers over your favorite store-bought candles as well! Sure, you can buy candle covers at your favorite bath and body store, but they can be spendy and… maybe I am a little biased, they are not nearly as charming as THESE!
Am I right? Are you a fan of cane webbing?