Make Your Own Italian Soda!
Yep. You too can make your own Italian soda!
Sure, it’s not like solving a complex equation or walking a tight rope, but I’m still excited about it.
Italian sodas are yummy, and festive, and easy to make, and they make people happy.
Maybe that’s just the sugar high. But I digress.
They are a fun treat and we all need a fun treat every now and again. And again.
The ingredients to make an Italian soda are simple:
- Club soda
- Flavored syrup (I usual get *Torani)
- Half & Half
- Whipping cream
- And cups. Disposable or not disposable!
- Oh, and STRAWS!
You can take it up a notch and add sprinkles or cherries. Or sprinkles AND cherries!
These are fun treats the kids are capable of making themselves. They are also a crowd pleaser. You can set-up an Italian Soda Drink Station at your next BBQ or serve them up at a that soccer team picnic… or family reunion! The possibilities are endless!
So… here is the recipe:
- Fill the cup with ice about half way (or more if it’s really hot outside).
- Pour in the club soda… fill to about 3/4 of the way. Or a touch more.
- I recommend 4-6 ounces of syrup (6-8 *pumps), depending on your sweetness preference. I prefer mine less sweet.
- Pro top: It’s fun to mix syrups – especially different colors of syrups!
- Add a splash (or a few) of Half & Half (SO YUM)
- Top with whipping cream! The *dome lid is DOPE.
- And maybe sprinkles, or a cherry (*Luxardo cherries are a bit spendy, but they are THE VERY BEST. Once you go Luxardo you never go back. You can quote me on that.)
- You could also add crushed Oreos. But that might just be too extravagant 😉
- And of course a straw. I really like *these straws. They are big and colorful.
And that is it you guys! Bring the fixings to a party… just keep the fixings on hand at home… and you have a quick treat ready in a pinch!
*Asterisk notes affiliate link