18 Family-Friendly April Fools’ Day Ideas and #SeasonOfClean
Are you an April Fools’ Day prankster?
18 Family-Friendly April Fools’ Day Ideas
*This post has been created in partnership with Clorox. All opinion and silly-making is my own.
Does the thought of a newly designed cannister pique your interest?
I imagine not.
But what if I told you the cannister was GLITTERY?
What if I told you the new look was more than just new look, but was updated with an added function — built-in Bluetooth speakers?!!!
Are you saying the new Clorox Disinfecting Wipes cannisters are now going to come equipped with built-in bluetooth speakers, Jenny???!!!
Built-in blue tooth speakers would rock, though!
But you know what DOES rock? The Clorox spring cleaning hub on SeasonOfClean.com! Visit Season of Clean to grab daily spring cleaning tips AND check out the Spotify playlist built just for getting your cleaning groove on!
Chances are cleaning isn’t your most favorite thing to do. It is definitely not MY favorite, but gimme some sweet tunes and the right gear… and… well… I probably won’t put “cleaning the house” at the top of my life list, but I will have more fun doing the things that just have to get done.
Speaking of getting things done, did you get to join yesterday’s Facebook Live? We talked about family-friendly April Fools’ Day prank ideas, and a bit about spring cleaning…
Here’s a little list of the prank ideas everyone shared!
- Tell kids you made brownies. Have a foil-covered pan. Underneath is cut out brown construction “E” s. – Mindy (and Siri!)
- Having a coworker call, and say we won four free dinner to the kids favorite restaurant. Then calling and saying sorry wrong family….April fools!!!!! – Julie
- Tape a cut-out bug (shape) and tape it inside of a lamp shade. It gets super big when the light turns on! – Mary
- Kris has a friend making cake pops for her kids, but instead they will be little meatballs covered in icing!
- Rubber band the sprayer on the sink so when someone turns on the water they get sprayed with water… – Kelly aaaand Rachel suggest this!
- Michelle had a student give her cake pops that were actually hard boiled eggs covered in chocolate!
- A donut carton filled with a veggie tray – Jessica
- Fill donuts with mayo – Kay
- Donut filled with ketchup – Rachel
- Frozen cereal bowls – also from Rachel. Methinks Rachel loves shenanigans.
I also came across some ideas online that I shared in the live:
- “Candy apples”… use yellow onions and dip them in melted candy/caramel
- Make mashed potatoes out of cauliflower
- Place pieces of clear tape over the sensors on the television remotes
- After everyone goes to bed, turn as many things upside down as you can
- Tuck plastic bugs in your child’s packed lunch
- Serve a glass of milk – frozen solid!
- Remove the wrappers from Tootsie Rolls. Replace the candy with carrot pieces – such shenanigans!
- Fill a spray bottle with water, put it on mist setting, follow behind your victim, and pretend to sneeze while pulling the spray trigger – heehee….
I just wish the bluetooth speaker on a container of Clorox wipes wasn’t a joke. I love to pump up the jams – whether or not I am in cleaning mode. But if you visit Season of Clean and you will not only find great spring cleaning tips and plans, but they have that Spotify Playlist all ready for you to get your Spring Cleaning on.
I am a fan of these wipes because they make the chore of cleaning a bit easier, and a whole lot faster. Plus, they are a key partner in my strategy to keep stair rails and door knobs germ-free.
I asked in that live video for folks to share their favorite cleaning tip and the one that made me laugh out loud was the one from Kathryn. In her comment she shared, “Make the kids do it. Best spring cleaning tip lol!” I agree. It was the best cleaning tip, so I made a picture out of it. They say pictures last longer, so… (and thanks Kathryn!!!)
I am a HUG fan of delegating tasks to the kids. In fact, in the last couple months I just set-up a new system that has really made a difference. My kids rotate the daily sweeping, vacuuming, and kitchen clean-up. We have two dogs, so daily sweeping and vacuuming are a MUST. On days with games or loads of homework – we adjust. But the overall plan of attack is in place and it has really helped raise the overall level of clean in our home. When we hit Spring Cleaning mode, having this plan in place will be verrrrry helpful. Plus, I have a teenage boy and his muscle has already saved my back countless times!
I’d love to hear about YOUR favorite and family-friendly April Fools’ Day pranks. I’d also love to hear about your own spring cleaning tips… just drop your knowledge in the comments or take your tips to social media and use the hashtag #seasonofclean!
Peace and sparkles and happy fooling!
*Human Coronavirus, Influenza A2 Virus; †Staphylococcus aureus; ‡Escherichia coli O157:H7; §Salmonella enterica; **Streptococcus pyogenes