DIY: Make Your Own Loop Yarn Wreath
LOOP YARN WREATH DIY IS IN THE HOUSE!
Friends. I don’t mean to brag but, HOW CUTE IS THIS LOOP YARN WREATH?
And it is SO easy to make!
Though I can appreciate a good, challenging craft… my sweet spot lies with the easy craft.
The kind-of craft you can do while visiting with friends. Or shooting a video…
The supply list is simple. You probably already have most of the items you need on hand already.
I know I did! I have had my styrofoam wreath form floating from craft drawer to craft box to craft pile for a few years. Sometimes I think I should get rid of a bunch of my craft supplies and then something like this happens and I see how craft supply hoarding can actually be rather useful.
I don’t need to get rid of one crafty supply.
I just need more cabinets.
Speaking of supplies… I bet you want me to quit with the witty stories and just get to the list!
OK FINE. I understand your impatience. This is so cute and you simply CANNOT WAIT to fire up your hot glue gun.
Loop Yarn Wreath Supply List:
12inch Styrofoam wreath form (here)
bottle brush trees (here)
straight pins (in most stores or here)
hot glue gun (the one I want here)
scissors (similar to mine here)
I often get asked about my hair, so to save inquiring minds some time I use this curling iron and I made this tutorial on how to create this particular style.
Not a video watcher? Here’s the DIY is written form:
- Hot glue the end of the loop yarn onto your styrofoam wreath form. I add a straight pin for added degree of stay-power.
- Begin wrapping yard around form… taking care to make sure loops are out and well, loopy…
- Hot glue loop yarn onto form at intermittent intervals.
- Wrap until sufficiently covered. Be sure to glue the very end.
- Add TREES! I didn’t even hot glue mine in! That loop yard has a surprisingly cozy grip! And the trees I used (here) are a bit grabby too.
Whaddya think? Do you think this craft is as easy as I claim it is? Do you even craft?
It’s OK If you don’t. That just means more loop yarn for me!
Peace and sparkles!
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small % back if you purchase after clicking, at no cost to you- refer to ‘disclosure policy’ in the ‘about” menu for more info.