Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread to Warm Your Holiday Heart
Are you ready?
You ready for CARAMEL MACCHIATO BANANA BREAD???
My family is!
Banana bread is good anytime of the year, but this recipe… with the add of the International Delight Caramel Macchiato creamer and the coffee and the cinnamon – all definitely give this it’s certain holiday flare. Oh, and the glaze…
Here’s how you too can bake yourself a little loaf of caramel macchiato goodness in time for the holidays:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I add a couple pinches more… makes the flavor a pinch holiday-ier)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large very ripe bananas (mine were not VERY ripe, but the produce guy helped me find the ripeeee-est in the store and gave them to me for no charge! THAT, is customer service. And also his daughter is in my daughter’s class, etc and whathaveyou…)
- 1/2 cup International Delight® Caramel Macchiato liquid creamer
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (I used eggs from my friend’s chickens)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (I only bake with instant coffee. I do not actually drink the stuff. No.)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used salted. I have a *thing* for salt)
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How you do it:
- Combine that first cluster of bullet points.
- In a separate bowl, combine the second cluster of bullet points… mix until the coffee granules have dissolved.
- (I am so good at recipe writing)
- Then, a half-cup at a time… combine the dry stuff (bullet cluster #1) with the wet stuff (bullet cluster #2)… And pour into a prepared (sprayed with cooking spray) 9×5 loaf pan.
- Pop into an oven heated to threefitty (350), yo! Bake for an hour… or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Now (after you take out the loaf)… melt the butter… add the brown sugar and vanilla. Stir. Keep stirring… and bring to a boil. Keep stirring and reduce to simmer for 3 minutes. The recipe says to let it cool, but mine is always thick at the end of 3 minutes so I just pour it right onto the loaf.
- Serve when the glaze has set and enjoy!
Oh friends. So moist.
By the power of
Grayskull Allrecipes.com… I came across this Delightful (pun intended) recipe. You can find the original recipe here.
Tell International Delight what your favorite holiday treat is for a chance to win a $200 Walmart gift card.
Capture the flavors of the holidays in every cup of coffee with International Delight Creamers. Available in a variety of flavors, such as, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Vanilla Spiced Rum and White Chocolate Raspberry.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the International Delight Brand.